Grilling season is finally here! My favorite time of the year! I just love all things grilled, meats, vegetables, even fruit. I love steak but don’t tend to buy it often since most of the cuts I love (ribeye) are a bit pricey.
Flank steak (aka London Broil) though, is perfect for grilling and much less expensive. It is a very lean cut of meat, so marinating is essential. This Best Flank Steak Marinade lends amazing flavor to this already flavorful cut, making it absolutely the best!
Since Flank Steak is such a lean cut of meat it should Not be cooked past the medium stage or else it will become dry and tough. Also when slicing this flavorful, lean cut, make sure you slice thinly and against the grain for maximum tenderness.
FLANK PRIMAL | PRIMAL CUT
“Located below the Loin and home to the Flank Steak. Cuts from this area are lean, very flavorful, and best when braised, or marinated and grilled.”
To Make this Delicious Marinated Flank Steak Recipe:
- Place steak in a glass dish (pyrex)
- In a bowl whisk together all of the marinade ingredients until well blended
- Pour marinade over flank steak and turn several times to coat all sides
- cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate.
- Marinate at least 6 hours. For maximum flavor, marinate overnight
Place marinated steak onto a hot grill and cook, turning once, to medium rare-medium (145-155 internal temperature). Remove cooked steak and let it rest about 15 minutes before slicing. If you cut into it right away you will lose all that yummy, juicy goodness.
Serve this yummy steak with Home Run! Potato Salad or Red Potato Gratin with Caramelized Shallots and Crispy Prosciutto. Or a big plate of crispy fries. Yum!
This Best Flank Steak Marinade lends amazing flavor to this already flavorful cut, making it absolutely the best!
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a bowl combine all ingredients. Whisk together until well combined. Pour over flank steak and turn to coat on all sides. Marinate 6-24 hours
Wine Pairing Suggestions:
Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Syrah or Malbec.