These Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pecans are crunchy and sweet with just a touch of spicy heat. They’ll make a perfect party snack for your next holiday gathering.
Place them in little bowls around the room for your guests to snack on. They also make a nice addition to a cheeseboard, snack mix or tossed into a salad.
They do come with a warning though: Highly Addictive!!! Once you start munching on these tasty little morsels, it will be very difficult to stop!
These would also make a nice addition to a holiday gift basket or a really great hostess gift. Just place these little jewels in a pretty jar tied with a fancy ribbon.
Not only are these tasty but they are also super easy to make. You could knock out several batches in an afternoon. Here’s how I made them:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and brush with a bit of oil. This will make it easier to remove the nuts once they are cooled. And easier clean up too!
In a saucepan you will combine the brown sugar, honey, butter, salt and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring well. Add the pecans and cook and stir for a couple of minutes until well coated.
Then, pour the glazed nuts out onto the parchment lined pan and spread out into a single layer. Place in the preheated oven for about 7-9 minutes to brown. Mine took 8 minutes but every oven is a little different.
Remove from the oven and stir well to coat. Let nuts cool completely then break apart and enjoy! Store in an airtight container.
Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and brush with a bit of oil.
- In a sauce pan combine all ingredients except the pecans. Whisk together ingredients and bring to a boil. Add pecans and stir several time to coat.
- Add pecans and stir several time to coat. Once they are well coated, pour the pecans out onto lined baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Place pecans into the preheated oven for about 8 minutes to brown. Remove from the oven and stir around to coat again. Let nuts cool completely. Once they are cooled break them apart and serve. Store in an airtight container.
Serve appetizers and snacks with artistry and flair in these authentic horn bowls Hand… [More]
Native to the Caribbean, the cayenne pepper is a tropical fruit. It is now also grown i… [More]
The stylish Kilner honey pot complete with beech wood dipper is ideal for storing and s… [More]