Tomato, Avocado and Sweet Onion Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette is so fresh and yummy with sweet summer heirloom cherry tomatoes.
Can you believe summer is almost over? Pretty soon it will be pumpkin everything! I will miss the sweet, juicy tomatoes of summer, as they will soon be replaced by those flavorless look alikes.
Just look at these gorgeous beauties! I love the vibrant colors of these organic heirloom cherry tomatoes. And, bonus, they were on special this week! I decided the best use for these little jewels, would be to showcase them in a salad.
Along with some creamy avocado, sweet onions and a bright citrusy lime vinaigrette. This Tomato, Avocado and Sweet Onion Salad is a big bowl of yum!
And it’s a breeze to make. Only requiring a few simple ingredients and minimal time to prepare (about 15 minutes). Serve this simple salad with grilled meats or seafood, tacos or other mexican faire or toss in some grilled shrimp or chicken and serve on a bed of field greens.
- 1 pint organic heirloom cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1 Avocado, diced (peel and pit removed
- 1/2 large sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
This popular ground pimenton’s true Spanish name is Pimenton De La Vera, dulc… [More]