Can you believe summer is almost over?? Soon the kids will be back in school and the weeknight dinner rush will be back in full swing.
These Simple Weeknight Beef Tacos are one of my favorite things to fix on those nights when you are short on time or too tired to cook.
I buy ground beef when it’s on sale and cook up a big batch of taco meat. Then I portion it out and freeze it for those nights when you just don’t have the time or energy to spend in the kitchen.
Then you can just grab a package from the freezer, transfer it to a baking dish, cover with foil and pop it in the oven to reheat. While it’s heating up, grab some shredded cheese, shredded lettuce and tortillas or taco shells and dinners done!
In a hurry to eat and get out the door? Skip the drive thru, just pop the taco meat in the microwave, grab some crunchy taco shells, bagged lettuce shreds and shredded cheese and your set!
A healthy and delicious meal in no time flat.
Taco Meat for Simple Weeknight Beef Tacos
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef 15% fat
- 1/2 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add a little bit of oil to skillet and cook onions and garlic until soft. Add ground beef and brown, stirring, until cooked through. Add remaining ingredients plus a couple of tablespoons of water ad cook stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed, about five minutes.Serve in taco shells with shredded lettuce and cheese and other desired toppings.