This Power Greens Salad with Roasted Beets, Oranges, Avocado and Walnuts is so yummy! And Healthy. The power greens are a combination of baby kale, baby chard and baby spinach.
They’re called power greens because they are packed with antioxidant(cancer fighting) rich nutrients.
The Roasted Beets are also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals.
And Avocados are loaded with heart healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals. And contain more potassium than a banana!
Walnuts are also a great source of heart healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals. They are also the only nut to contain significant amounts of ALA, an omega-3 fatty acid that is considered to be beneficial for heart health and reducing inflammation.
And last, but certainly not least, Oranges. These babies are loaded with fiber, vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals to keep you energized throughout your day.
Cheers to healthy eating! Enjoy!
Power Greens Salad with Roasted Beets, Oranges and Avocado
For the Salad:
- 4 cups power greens
- 2 medium beets, roasted,peeled and sliced
- 1 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, peel and seed removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup rough chopped walnuts
For the Shallot Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Wash the beets thoroughly and cut off the ends. Rub the whole beets with olive oil and place on a foil lined pan. Roast the beets in a 350 degree F oven for about 45 minutes until tender but firm. Test by poking with the end of a pairing knife. Let beets cool thoroughly before peeling. Once beets are cooled, peel off the skin with a pairing knife and then cut into slices. Set aside.
- While the beets are cooking, make the shallot vinaigrette. Place all ingredients for vinaigrette in a small bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Slice oranges and avocado. Rough chop the walnuts
To assemble salad:
- Then decoratively arrange avocado, oranges and beets on top of the greens. Sprinkle walnuts on top
- Stir dressing well and drizzle desired amount over salad or serve on the side.