Mmmmmm… Caesar Salad. Who doesn’t love a good Caesar salad? Crisp Romaine, crunchy croutons and fresh parm all tossed with that lemony, garlicky goodness. This classic salad is one of my favorites.
It contains the simplest of ingredients but the flavors in that dressing add a beautiful complexity that sets it apart from any other salad out there.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe that we used at The Riverplace Hotel many years ago. It is super simple and delicious! The key is to use good quality ingredients: Extra virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, fresh garlic and Sherry Vinegar.
Start by placing anchovies, garlic, egg yolk and whole egg in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until pureed. Add the fresh lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper and blend until combined.
Then, while the machine is running slowly add extra virgin olive oil (about 2 cups) until dressing is thick and creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste. There ya have it! Easy Peasy and so Yummy!
To make the salad: In a bowl add desired amount of chopped romaine lettuce, croutons, parmesan cheese and some of the dressing. Toss to coat. Enjoy!
Really Good Caesar Dressing
- 2 ounces anchovy fillets, drained of oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender add egg, egg yolk, garlic and anchovies. Blend until pureed.Add lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend until combined.With the motor running, slowly add olive oil until dressing is a thick and creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste.