Lemon Basil Pasta Salad with English Peas is a perfect dish for those hot summer days. I make up a big batch and then serve with grilled meat or fish.
Don’t feel like cooking after a long day at work? Toss in some shredded rotisserie chicken from your favorite grocery store deli for quick and easy meal. Or serve alongside some simple cold cuts, cheeses and crusty bread. Yum!
This salad is not only delicious but is also super simple to make. Not much prep involved here. And the only cooking required is the pasta. But let me tell ya, it is so yummy (I could not stop munching on it as I was making it. Quality control, right?).
This pasta salad with sweet english peas and salty asiago cheese blended together with a creamy garlic, lemon and basil dressing is the perfect solution to that weeknight dilemma of “what to make for dinner”.
Lemon Basil Pasta Salad With English Peas
- 1/2 pound pasta bowties
- 1 cup cooked english peas you can use thawed frozen petite peas
- 1/4 cup freshly grated asiago cheese, fine grated
- 5 leaves fresh basil, torn
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 5 large leaves fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. Once pasta is cooked, strain and cool under cold running water. Toss with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking. Make sure pasta is well drained. Place in a large bowl. Add the peas, asiago cheese and torn basil leaves.In the bowl of a food processor or blender. Combine all dressing ingredients. Blend until well combined.Pour dressing over pasta and toss until everything is well coated. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.