I made this yummy veggie filled Rainbow Chickpea Salad in an attempt to get more healthful veggies into my diet. I find it is so much easier to make healthful choices when I have something yummy already made up. Especially after a long day at work.
I like to be able to come home and just grab something out of the fridge and relax. How about you? I usually make up enough salad to last a few days. Then I cook up a simple chicken breast or some fish and voila!
Or you can toss this salad with some baby kale and spinach for delicious and healthful meatless monday meal. Add a side of warm pita bread to round out the meal. Yum!
Rainbow Chickpea Salad
For the Salad
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (Garbonzo Beans)
- 1 cup zucchini, fine diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, fine diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, julienne
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, finely chopped or use riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup marinated sundried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Drain and rinse canned chickpeas. Place in a large bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine.
In a small bowl add dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine thoroughly. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Place in the fridge for about an hour to allow flavors to marry.
Toss again and serve. Enjoy!
Serve with a nice dry but fruity Rose’
or other high acid wine such as Sauvignon Blanc, Sanncere and Vouvray
Reds: Beaujolais, Burgundy, Sangiovese, Valpolicella and Chianti