I recently had these Olive Crostini with Fresh Mozzarella at a friend’s little birthday gathering and they were so yummy that I could not stop popping them in my mouth!
I was not the only one indulging in these yummy little bites either. They were the hit of the party!
Actually everything they served was delicious, but these were my favorite. And so simple and easy to make.
First, slice up some Baguette and drizzle with good quality extra virgin olive oil. Toast until lightly browned.
Spread each of the toasted breads with Olive tapenade and then top with a slice of fresh mozzarella.
Place the Crostini bake in the oven until cheese is nicely melted. Serve, Enjoy, Yum!
I garnished mine with a bit of marinated sundried tomatoes and then sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Serve up these tasty bites at your next gathering along with a big pitcher of delicious Summer Sangria or a nice bottle of chilled Prosecco.
Zesty Olive Tapenade
- 1/2 pound pitted mixed olives
- 2 anchovy fillets rinsed
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 to 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly rinse the olives in cool water. Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process to combine, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the mixture becomes a coarse paste, approximately 1 to 2 minutes total. Transfer to a bowl and serve.