I chose the name “Cancun Sunset” for this drink because it reminds me of the beautiful red and orange sunsets of Cancun (and Tequila Sunrise was already taken). I wanted to create a festive drink that was somewhere between a Margarita and a Tequila Sunrise.
This drink will be the perfect addition to your Cinco De Mayo cocktail selection. You can make them individually or mix up a big pitcher to share!
If you are a fan of Margaritas, you will love this drink. It is so simple and delicious!
Just fill a cocktail shaker half full of ice then add the pineapple juice, strawberry lemonade, fresh lime juice and tequila. Shake and then strain into martini glasses. Or you can serve over ice.
To make a pitcher to share, just mix all of the ingredients in a pitcher (minus the ice) and chill for a few hours. Serve in your favorite glass over ice.
Happy Cinco De Mayo! Salud!
Cancun Sunset Cocktail
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup strawberry lemonade
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces tequila 1/4 cup
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full of ice. Add remaining ingredients. Shake and then strain into martini glasses or serve in your favorite glass over ice. Garnish with lime and fresh strawberry.
Cancun Sunset Cocktail (Pitcher)
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 3 cups strawberry lemonade
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups tequila
- In a 64 ounce pitcher, mix all ingredients. place in the fridge and chill for several hours. Serve in you favorite glasses over ice.