This Creole Seafood Seasoning is my “go to seasoning” that I use in all of my Cajun/Creole recipes. I use this in everything from Jambalaya to Gumbo to Ettouffee, and it also makes a great seafood rub.
This is the seasoning that I also used in my Spicy Shrimp and Andouille Sausage in a previous post. It’s a super simple recipe too. I just toss all of the spices in the blender or food processor to blend and there you have it!
Creole Seafood Seasoning
Original Recipe From: The Commander's Kitchen Cookbook
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablaspoons dried oregano
- 1/3 cup paprika I used half spanish paprika and half smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons granulated onion
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Store in a large glass jar with an airtight lid.