Mexican Adobo is a sauce made primarily of chili’s, garlic, spices and vinegar but can have many variations. It is used as a base or marinade in traditional Mexican cooking.
I like to make a batch of this up and use in soups, marinades and sauces. It will keep in the fridge for about a 5 days but you can also package it up in portions and freeze it for about 3 months.
I have created several recipes that will include this sauce. Like a new twist on a classic Mexican soup Easy Weeknight Posole
So, make of a batch of sauce and come join me on this culinary journey. It’s gonna be yummy!
Mexican Adobo Sauce
- 1-2 ounce package of ancho chili's
- 3 guajillo chili's
- 8-10 cloves of roasted garlic you can find packages in the produce section or roast your own I roasted my own
- 1/2 teaspoon mexican oregano
- 1/2 ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt