Fresh Berry and Yogurt Parfaits with Coconut and Dried Cherry Granola are seriously yummy and healthy with fresh berries, greek yogurt and granola.
One of my favorite things for breakfast….. Uh, I mean one of my favorite “Healthy” things to have for breakfast are these yummy Greek yogurt, berry and granola parfait’s. (My most favorite would be a delicious French pastry and a Cappuccino!)
But seriously, these yogurt parfaits are super yummy.
The granola recipe, I found a few years back, in an issue of Food Network Magazine. I was reminded of it when a friend asked for my favorite granola recipe.
- 2 3/4 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup unsalted pepitas hulled green pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or 1 1/2 teaspoons fine salt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dried sour cherries
Once I have made the granola and let it cool, I then layer plain Greek yogurt (I like to use Fage) with a bit of honey added to it, fresh berries (raspberries and blueberries are my favorite but use whatever you like) and then top with the homemade granola.
These would be great served with Banana Blueberry Muffins
I also use this granola in a cookie recipe from The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. Click on the link below for cookie recipe.