My Favorite Oreo Cookie Cheesecake, cookies and cream, yum! What’s not to love? I know, this is nothing new to the culinary world. But…. this is too good not to share.
As I was going through some notebooks full of old recipes, I came across this beauty. A rich and creamy New York style cheesecake loaded with big chunks of Oreo Cookies.
I found this recipe many moons ago in a Sunset magazine. The date on the page is 1987. Yep, 1987, that’s not a typo.
Cookies and cream were all the rage back then and still are to this day.
This Cake uses an entire 1 1/2 pound package of Oreo cookies. Half for the crust and the other half broken up and cooked into the filling.
It is absolutely decadent and worth every calorie. Hey, I just read an article today that said chocolate cake for breakfast is good for you. I think this one counts, right?
Anyway, it doesn’t matter if you have cake for dessert or breakfast, just eat cake!
Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake
- 1 package 1 1/2 lb chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 4 8- ounce packages cream cheese cut into chunks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a food processor, whirl 1/2 package of the sandwich cookies, including filling, until they form fine crumbs. mix in butter.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan ans about 1/2 inch up the sides. Chill crust to firm. About 20 minutes.
- In the bowl of electric mixer beat the cream cheese, sugar and whipping cream at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, flour and vanilla and beat again to blend.
- Pour 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture into the chilled crust. Break the remaining cookies in half and scatter over cream cheese mixture, overlapping if necessary to use up all of the cookies. Pour remaining cream cheese mixture over cookies.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes. until golden on top and and cake only jiggles slightly when shaken.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack. cover and chill and until cold. at least 4 hours. Overnight is better.
- Before serving, run a knife between the cake and the pan sides. remove rim of pan and cut cheesecake into slender wedges to serve.
Check out My Favorite Cheesecake as well.