It’s playoff season! That means friends gathering together to watch the game, eat food and drink beer. I like to make something simple and tasty for my game day eats, that way there is time to enjoy they game and not spend the whole time in the kitchen.
Slow-cooker foods are a great way to keep it simple and tasty! This recipe is also very versatile, besides sandwiches, you can use it for tacos or nachos as well. Just serve a side of warm tortillas or chips, queso, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yum!
The beef takes about 8-10 hours to cook, so make sure to start it first thing in the morning to be ready in time for the game.
Serve on warm rolls with sauteed or grilled onions, peppers and mushrooms and cheese. You can also use cooking liquid to dip sandwiches in like a french dip.
Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 16 ounce jar sliced pepperoncini including juice
- 1 teaspoon italian herb seasoning
- Ciabatta or hoagie rolls
- onions peppers and mushrooms, sauteed
- provolone or mozzarella cheese slices
- In a bowl, mix together garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Rub mixture all over roast to coat. Sear meat on all sides in a pan over medium high heat, browning on all sides.
- Place chopped onion in bottom of crockpot and place seared meat on top. Add beef broth, pepperoncini and italian seasoning to crockpot. Cook on high 4 hours and then reduce heat to low and continue cooking about 4 more hours or cook low about 10 hours until meat is fall apart tender. shred meat and serve.