Nothing says comfort food like a yummy roasted chicken or the aroma of a meal slowly cooking in a crock-pot, especially on a cold winter’s day. This crock-pot roasted chicken is the best of both worlds. Roasting chicken in the crock-pot yields a juicy, flavorful, fall off the bone delicious result. And if you prefer a crispy skin on your roast chicken, then once chicken is fully cooked, place in an oven proof pan and place under the broiler for a few minutes until browned and crisp.
I served mine with oven roasted vegetables but would also be great with mashed potatoes and gravy made with cooking juices or a savory rice pilaf.
- 3-4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 an orange cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 large onion peeled and cut into large pieces
- a few sprigs of fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, sage
- 1/2 cup wine I used red but white wine or beer will work too
- olive oil